Re: instead of SCSH

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: instead of SCSH
Date: 06 Aug 2001 09:57:49 +0300

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> I think SCSH makes too much use of macros.

what's wrong in macros, in your opinion?

[ ISTR SCSH providing a functional counterpart for every macro.  did
  this convention go away somewhere between SCSH 4.2 and the present? ]

> Process forms have a natural representation as lists and
> can be interpreted at run-time without any serious
> performance penalty (as far as I can tell).
>
> If process forms are lists, programs can build them
> at run-time, which is sometimes useful.

um.  do you want to say that providing a process list evaluator is
somehow better than just using eval?

are you worried about security or something else?

--
Roses are red,
  Violets are blue,