Re: Server side scripting

From: Chris Cramer
Subject: Re: Server side scripting
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:35:37 -0500

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:20:10PM +0200, Diedrich Vorberg wrote:
> I am starting out on the task of creating a apache-module a la PHP or
> eperl that will make it possible to use guile as a meta-language in
> HTML.
>
> and a one year old announcement that someone had writen a webserver in
> guile only.
>
> Is anyone working on this or something similar?

I wrote a web server, and it's at
http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/recluse-0.2.tar.gz.  I remember hearing about
3-4 other web servers done with Guile as well.  If you're interested in
something analagous to PHP, I think BRL is similar to that, although it
uses Kawa IIRC. You may want to look through the lispweb archives,
most of this stuff has been announced over there.

Right now I'm working on embedding Guile in thttpd.  It's mostly done,
but there are some issues with threads that I need to work out.

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
address@hidden