ice-9/getopt-long.scm + 1.5.1 please? + time-based 1.5.x?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: ice-9/getopt-long.scm + 1.5.1 please? + time-based 1.5.x?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 04:30:22 -0700

folks,

i've checked in changes that address Daniel Skarda's bug reports (the
latter two, since the first "huh" seems to be correct behavior).  IMHO,
to DTRT would require a rewrite (or at least major refactoring) of the
code for long-term maintenance, but i'm going out of town for almost a
week starting in a few hours.  perhaps this code will make it into 1.5.1
and some kind soul will send us a patch i can play w/ when i return.

i'd like to urge 1.5.1 release soon so that we can get feedback for a
1.5.2 and so on.  definitely, i will not be doing any more modifications
in the immediate future.  fwiw, i'm in favor of many 1.5.x releases and
a single 1.6.0 release as opposed to both 1.5.x and 1.6.x series.  the
latter is confusing to me.

for 1.5.x, perhaps we can try a time-based release process.  this week
1.5.1, next week 1.5.2, etc.  when bug rate / severity falls below a
certain threshold for several weeks, we declare it 1.6.0, and then go
back to feature- (or todo-) based release instead of time-based.

thi