Re: examples and testing

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: examples and testing
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:17:04 +0200

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 23 Jul 2001 23:18:34 +0200
>
> Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > What do you mean by `being careful'? Wouldn't that just be a
> >
> >   LIBS=`guile-config link`
> >
> > in the Makefile.am?
>
> More like
>
>     LIBS=`$(bindir)/guile-config link`
>
> so that the guile-config is used that has just been installed,
> regardless of the setting of $PATH.

That's exactly what I came up with.

> Ooops.  You should document what you did somewhere if we are not going
> to use it so that your work is not lost.

Well, it was mainly changing the test scripts to be created from
check.test.in files, and a lot of @top_srcdir@ and @address@hidden to be
inserted.  It just took time to get familiar with all that auto-magic
and finding the right places to insert the variables.

> Are you going to you revert the changes?

I have already implemented the `make installcheck' idea, and it seems
to work out.  Right now I'm testing `make distcheck' to make sure it
works, but unfortunately, every run takes a loooooooooooong time...

I will commit to stable branch when I finished testing.  When it works
out, I plan to port it back to unstable.

Regards,
  'martin