Re: DTRT wrt authorship info + using examples in "make check"

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: DTRT wrt authorship info + using examples in "make check"
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:39:53 +0200

> From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:00:06 -0700
>
> i have just checked in a change to examples/scripts/Makefile.am and an
> executable check.test in same dir (in 1.6 branch), for your review.
> top-level "make check" seems to invoke this one w/o problems.  if there
> are no objections; i'll start to work my way through the examples dirs,
> in the order specified in examples/README.  this may take a while given
> my (sadly) low time allocation to guile these days, so i encourage you
> to start from the bottom and we'll meet somewhere in between...

I just stumbled across a problem.  The examples in the box*
directories contain Guile extensions written in C.  For simplicity I
thought it'd be better not to build them by default, and they require
an installed guile-config script to figure out the include/linker
flags.

Now I'm not sure how to handle this.  Should we build them by default,
e.g. should `make all' build them?  Then the test scripts would be
similar to those in `scripts'.  Or should they only built when `make
check' is run?  Or should they not be run at all?

Regards,
  'martin