Re: proposed getitimer and setitimer functions

From: Matthias Koeppe
Subject: Re: proposed getitimer and setitimer functions
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:41:51 +0200

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> SRFI-19 provides an abstract type for time durations, which we could
> use.  That is, our setitimer could accept both integers as durations,
> as well as SRFI-19 `time' objects that represent a duration.
>
> I'm not sure yet how to do this in the cleanest possible way, given
> that SRFI-19 is optional.

In which sense is SRFI-19 "optional"?  (It shouldn't.)

I don't really see the point in having standardized libraries if one
ignores its data structures, using an ad-hoc representation instead.
"Supporting" a SRFI should mean more than just copying the reference
implementation into some place into the distribution and leaving it
there.

--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe