Re: problems building stable branch

From: rm
Subject: Re: problems building stable branch
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:49:22 +0200

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:22:11PM +0300, Michael Livshin wrote:
> > Btw, I'm running latest debian/unstable (on powerpc).
>
> what can I say?  ouch. ;)

I can't comment on debian-unstable but i tried to compile
a freshly checked out guile on Mac OS X with a fresh install
of automake/autoconf/libtool (all tests passed without errors,
only some skipped tests due to the missing fortran compiler)
and came across the same problems with ice-9 depending on guile.
I managed to get arround this by removing psyntax.* from  ice-9/Makefile
(to get a working guile to rerun make with psyntax.*). This worked
but unfortunately gcc choked on the rest of guile :-(
If you want i can send you a full bug report, but i think that
the later problems are unrelated to the psyntax.* dependency and
i didn't want to file a bugreport with created from a "personalized"
Makefile. I think adding a dependency of ice-9 on libguile should
fix the first problem.

 Ralf Mattes