Re: proposed getitimer and setitimer functions

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: proposed getitimer and setitimer functions
Date: 09 Jul 2001 11:30:03 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> What about collapsing the "secs" and "microsecs" value into one, with
> a unit of microseconds.  With bignums, we don't need to use long-hand
> for multi-word numbers.

So is there a "standard" way to check the range of the bignum and
break it up into two long ints.  Last time I tried this, I had to go
to some trouble on the scm side, but I think that may have been
because I was tring to accomodate older guiles and the bit shifting
ops were broken.

> The "result-int" should be interpreted and turned into a
> `system-error', I'd say, for consistency with the POSIX functions.

Fixed (following the example in filesys.c/mkdir), and presuming the
SCM_SYSERROR macro and friends does what they look like they do.  Are
there any docs for these yet?

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu