doc cleanup

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: doc cleanup
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 10:19:07 +0200

Hello list,

with the branching of 1.5/1.7 coming near I want to point out that we
should either

- remove references to non-working CVS modules or
- add a note that they don't work.

This should be done in various places: HACKING, the web pages and
probably elsewhere.

The same applies to SNAPSHOTS.  I really have no idea what is going on
with red-bean.com, but it does not snapshot the right CVS repo, IIRC.
Maybe we should rather refer to www.glug.org -- but I'm not sure
whether the snapshot was set up for a specific purpose, or is a
long-term service (thi?)

And then, we should of course re-check the web pages for outdated
stuff, incorrect info etc, before releasing 1.6.  People will visit
the pages when they see the announcement, and we don't want to scare
them off, do we? ;-)

When provided with the necessary information, I can do that myself,
except for the web pages.

Oh, and one question (I'm afraid a terribly uncool one): What is
getit?

Humbly,
  'martin