Guile versioning

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: Guile versioning
Date: 25 Jun 2001 21:53:22 -0700

I'm now working on the Python -> Guile scheme compiler.  I have a
working scanner, and have begun the recursive descent parser for
expressions.  I have decided against using an automatic parser
generator for various reasons.

I'm using Guile 1.4 because that's the *released* version.  Why is the
released version nearly a year out of date?

The following things suck in Guile 1.4, and I suspect they may be
better in the current CVS source:

There is no good emacs interface
The debugger can't single step
The debugger has no good breakpoints
The debugger doesn't interact with emacs nicely

What are guile-core's plans in this area?

Thomas