Re: guile/guile-core/libguile rdelim.c

From: Gary Houston
Subject: Re: guile/guile-core/libguile rdelim.c
Date: 11 Jun 2001 21:38:32 -0000

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 11 Jun 2001 19:24:27 +0200
>
> > Log message:
> >     * rdelim.c (scm_init_rdelim_builtins): don't try to activate the
> >     (ice-9 rdelim) module in (guile) and (guile-user).  it didn't
> >     work reliably anymore.  try it from boot-9.scm instead.
>
> I'd like to understand what went wrong here.  Why didn't it work
> reliably anymore?

The module was only available when running interactively, not when
running a script.  I think it was only available as a side-effect of
loaded the first time, the module-hacking code in
scm_init_rdelim_builtins added it permanently to the (guile) and
(guile-user) modules.

It seems cleaner to load it explicitly in boot-9.scm, now the
deprecation machinery is available in Scheme.