Re: build problems

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: build problems
Date: 05 Jun 2001 15:23:05 +0200

"Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dirk Herrmann wrote:
> >
> > I get a couple of errors with the recent CVS:
> >
> > > make
> > Making all in ice-9
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > `/home/dirk/software/src/guile/development/ice-9'
> > cd . && guile -c '(load-from-path "ice-9/syncase") (define-module (ice-9
> > syncase)) (psyncomp)'
> > <unnamed port>:1:66: In expression (psyncomp):
> > <unnamed port>:1:66: Unbound variable: psyncomp
>
> I did a "touch ice-9/psyntax.pp" (or was it .ss?) to get it to build.
> Probably not The Right Thing.
>
> Is this going to be a chicken/egg problem?

Sort of, but not a serious one, I hope.  The problem here is that the
command line to compile psyntax.ss is written in a way that will only
work with the current CVS guile, but it is using the one installed in
the system.  (The change was to allow the `define-module' to take
effect so that psyncomp is visible when it is called.)

"psyntax.ss" will not need to be compiled normally, we will distribute
the compiled file.

The change to psyntax.ss now was to add the exception notice to the
copyright section, so no functional change.  But it might not hurt to
compile it for real once the new guile has been installed.