Re: Recent guile-user related reversion in boot-9.scm

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Recent guile-user related reversion in boot-9.scm
Date: 04 Jun 2001 21:46:54 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> > So presuming we want the envt during argument execution (-c, -x, -l,
> > etc.) to be the normally populated guile-user module,
>
> I think it boils down to what we want "normally populated guile-user
> module" to mean.  Should it normally use `(ice-9 threads)', or
> shouldn't it?  The current answer is that for the repl, it should use
> it since that is convenient, but for a script, it shouldn't since it
> improves startup time not to use it and scripts should specify all the
> modules they need anyway.

OK.  I'm going to restructure script.scm, keeping this in mind.  Two
questions, though:

  1) Should top-repl be an exported function?  i.e. is it intended for
     general use?

  2) What things do you already have in mind that shouldn't be in the
     "script environment" guile-user vs the "interactive environment"
     guile-user?  (ice-9 threads) is one.  What else?