Re: eval-when and eval-case issues.

From: Jacques A. Vidrine
Subject: Re: eval-when and eval-case issues.
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:07:57 -0500

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:48:38PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> Evan Prodromou <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Well, perhaps we should deprecate one (or more...?) and stick with the
> > R5RS macro syntax.
>
> I'm not sure we can really do that.  psyntax implements define-syntax,
> syntax-case, and syntax-rules (R5RS only defines the latter)

R5RS specifies `let-syntax',  `letrec-syntax', `define-syntax', and of
course `syntax-rules'.

If anything, Guile has it backwards: syntax-rules should be the native
implementation,  and  defmacro  should  be a  module  built  upon  the
standard, hygenic macros.  But that's a lot of work.

Heh, that  would be one way  of side-stepping the current  issues with
modules that `:use-module (ice-9 syncase)' :-)

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / address@hidden / address@hidden / address@hidden