Re: SCM_EVALIM2

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: SCM_EVALIM2
Date: 01 Jun 2001 00:27:00 +0200

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Ooops.  What I actually meant was:  Replace the two calls to SCM_EVALIM2
> in eval.c by the error checks that they actually represent.  Keep
> SCM_EVALIM2 as an internal macro in eval.h.

Hmm, this would also spread the locus for the "empty combination"
error message to three places in the code.  Just casting the call to
SCM_EVALIM2 to (void) in the two places in eval.c and putting a
comment there that we are only interested in the error message sounds
better to me.

Or have a new macro SCM_VALIDATE_NON_EMPTY_COMBINATION and use that in
the three places.