Re: Autoconf 2.50 compatibility.

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.50 compatibility.
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:23:33 +0200

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 08:19:14AM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
: >>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:
:
: Lars> Nope, I use a snapshot from april 1st myself because of a
: Lars> problem with current CVS and variable references set up by
: Lars> AM_CONDITIONALS in _SOURCES targets.
:
: Do I know about this?

No, I haven't reported it yet because I haven't had time to track it down
to a satisfactory degree.

: Lars> Sure can :) CVS Automake has undergone a more-or-less
: Lars> fundamental rewrite.  Not everything they broke in that process
: Lars> has been fixed again.
:
: Like what?

For some reason, the following stopped working for us sometime after april
first.  Newer Automake doesn't create any LO-object dependencies for libbase,
so libbase is made from an empty list of objects.  ($(LinkHackSources) is a
hack fix for the IRIX command-line/arg-list too long problem).

[Coin/src/base/Makefile.am @ :pserver:address@hidden:/export/cvsroot Coin]

RegularSources = \
        SbBSPTree.cpp \
        SbBox2f.cpp \