Re: [patch] First round (request for discussion)

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: [patch] First round (request for discussion)
Date: 31 May 2001 02:18:07 +0200

Daniel Skarda <address@hidden> writes:

>   But nobody replied so I started to play with guile source code - I tried to
> not shoot myself in foot and finally it is working!

Sorry for being slow.  Having setters on smobs is a good idea since
they can be used as getters already.  However, making vectors and
strings and maybe all kinds of stuff into getters and setters is
certainly appealing, but I'm not sure whether it is a good idea in
general.

>   So my patch modifies generalized set! macro, replaces `setter' call by
> `setter-apply' and you can do this:

I think `apply-setter' should be provided in addition to `setter'.

I'll get to your patch in detail later.  (Unless someone beats me to
it, hint, hint ;)