Re: GRM questions

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: GRM questions
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 23:10:06 +0200

> From: Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:14:54 +0200 (MEST)
>
> Huh, well, they are used all over guile, but IMO, there's a lot of strange
> things going on there.  Who's afraid of SCM_VALIDATE_SUBSTRING_SPEC_COPY,
> SCM_VALIDATE_INUM_MIN_DEF_COPY, SCM_VALIDATE_NONEMPTYLIST_COPYLEN,
> SCM_VALIDATE_NULLORROSTRING_COPY?  I am :-)

SCM_VALIDATE_SUBSTRING_SPEC_COPY saved my life when I implemented
SRFI-13, where I needed it's functionality a billion times (well, 86
times, actually).

I think I'll postpone the validation documentation.  SCM_ASSERT can be
used for that, just like it is documented right now.

> Yes, please.

Done.

> These paragraphs are no longer valid.  You can simply remove them.

Done.

> scm_make_smob_type_mfpe is (or should be) deprecated.

NEWS says it's deprecated.  I have added a note about that.

Regards,
  'martin