Proposal: Inclusion of `examples' directory in the distribution

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Proposal: Inclusion of `examples' directory in the distribution
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:43:51 +0200

Hello list,

I'd like to propose that we add an `examples' direcory to the Guile
distribution.  I have already written some examples in three different
classes:

1. Guile scripting.
2. Extending with smobs.
3. Using the module system.

I have attached all relevant files I have written so far to this
message.  I hope I haven't caused any inconvenience by posting a
tarball, but I thought that 7 Kbyte is still acceptable and will spare
you to download it, thus increasing feedback chances ;-)

In the tarball, you can see how I would like to layout the directory.
There is one toplevel directory without any examples, only with a
README.  The actual examples then reside in their subdirectories,
where each directory has its own README describing how to build/use
the relevant example.

Such an example directory would make a nice addition to the reference
manual, especially for lazy people who like to have a quick start for
playing around.

Please let me know what you think about the idea, and about the
implementation.

Thanks,
  'martin