Re: Should SCM_CONST_LONG be deprecated?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Should SCM_CONST_LONG be deprecated?
Date: 22 May 2001 22:46:51 +0200

"Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> Does SCM_CONST_LONG (in snarf.h) really need to be deprecated?  It only
> uses SCM_VARIABLE_INIT which isn't deprecated. Was there a reason, or
> did it just fall to the wrong side of the #if my mistake?

I feel that it should be deprecated.  There are much more types than
"const long", and I wouldn't want to cover them all.  So, for negative
completeness, I'd say CONST_LONG should go as well.  It is easy enough
to use SCM_VARIABLE_INIT directly instead.

Using SCM_VARIABLE_INIT is actually a bug.  It should use the
deprecated SCM_VCELL_INIT.  Fixed.