Re: New command line option --use-srfi

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: New command line option --use-srfi
Date: 22 May 2001 21:00:38 +0200

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem I see is: You can't use cond-expand to detect for a
> specific feature like srfi-2, because it is not loaded; but you also
> cannot load it before you know you're using Guile and can use
> `use-modules'.

There is also the mode where you take some code unchanged, and put it
in a `glue' context.  Like

    (define-module (fancy-outside-stuff)
      :use-module (srfi srfi-2))

    ;; This uses cond-expand to check for SRFI-2
    (load "fancy-outside-stuff")

    (export ...)

this is better than changing "fancy-outside-stuff.scm".