Re: New command line option --use-srfi

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: New command line option --use-srfi
Date: 21 May 2001 16:20:28 -0500

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> So (my favourite) solution is: leave it as it is, and only modify
> the feature list with the --use-srfi option---unless of course, any
> of you has a better one.

Hmm.  If we really want the srfi-X features in cond-expand to be
useful in guile, I think we'll probably have to come up with a better
solution than this.  Otherwise it seems like there would be no point
in using cond-expand srfi clauses for in code intended to be used with
guile, since you're still going to have to change the way that it's
invoked.  People trying to write portable code would be better off
just sticking everything inside a "guile" feature check, but that
seems kinda ugly, and won't automatically enable appropriate code
whenever new srfis are added to guile...