Re: numbers.h: extern SCM scm_{long,ulong,long_long}2big

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: numbers.h: extern SCM scm_{long,ulong,long_long}2big
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:03:43 +0200 (MEST)

On 18 May 2001, Michael Livshin wrote:

> I'd like to hide these functions (i.e. rename to scm_i_*).

I'd go even farther:  Don't export them at all but make them static in
numbers.c.  The only place where scm_long2big is used outside of
numbers.c (in gh_data.c) can easily be removed.

> I'd like to do it without going through depreciation, since using them
> in user code is a bug (I hope nobody does it).
>
> objections?

Yes, I'd prefer if this went through a phase of deprecation.  Other than
that, I think it is a good idea to get rid of these in the interfaces.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann