Re: namespace problem for imported variables

From: Neil W. Van Dyke
Subject: Re: namespace problem for imported variables
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:33:09 -0400 (EDT)

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes at 15:17 15-May-2001 +0200:
> Do the new `renaming import' features of `use-modules' help?  You can
> now write
>
>     (use-modules ((nwv httpclient) :renamer (symbol-prefix-proc 'http:)))

Neat.  Although now that I think of it, for my particular problem, the
renaming import feature doesn't seem satisfying enough that I want to
immediately add this additional point of Guile-specificness to my
reusable Scheme modules.

(This is not to say that renaming import is not a good feature; I
suspect I'll have to use generics/multimethods to solve the biggest part
of my naming unease.  Renaming import would be useful in conjunction
with generics, in the occasional cases in which two non-analogous
operations with the same name are applicable to a given argument
signature.)

--
                                          Neil W. Van Dyke <address@hidden>
                                          http://www.neilvandyke.org/