Re: Rogue Pointer

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: Rogue Pointer
Date: 14 May 2001 23:43:11 +0300

"Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> The call to scm_cons is "scm_undefineds = scm_cons (SCM_UNDEFINED,
> SCM_EOL);"
>
> That is the first call to scm_cons.  Am I seeing weird interactions with
> all the options I gave configure?

oops!  you are seeing the SCM_DEBUG_CELL_ACCESSES=1 thing
spectacularly not working.

it appears to have bitrotted (due to a change I made half a year or so
ago, it seems).  we have to figure out how to fix it, it doesn't seem
trivial to me now.

> Guile should still work the way I have configured and compiled it,
> right?

well, yes.

try just with --enable-debug-freelist & (gc-set-debug-check-freelist! #t)
for now...

thanks,
--mike

--
Let's start preparing for the future.  Now's a good time, since it's
already here.