Re: Should I add cond-expand to boot-9.scm?

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Should I add cond-expand to boot-9.scm?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:06:57 +0200

> From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
> Date: 11 May 2001 13:57:35 +0100
>
> Is it right for Guile's features list to include all the srfi-N's
> irrespective of whether the corresponding modules have been loaded?
>
> As a user of cond-expand, I'd expect to be able to write something
> like this:
>
> (cond-expand
>   (srfi-19
>    (define julian-day current-julian-day))
>   (else
>    (define (julian-day)
>      ;;; pretend
>      10352)))

Yes, you're right.  I think the cleanest solution is just have the
features list look like:

'(guile srfi-0 srfi-6)

because these features are really available when Guile is started.

I would make the change, but would like to see what people think about
srfi-6.  It could be factored out in the future, so that it requires a
(use-modules (srfi srfi-16)).  So should it be included by default?

srfi-0 must be available, of course, or it would make no sense itself,
so it should stay in the list of course.

With the change, people could Test for Guile, make the necessary
`use-modules' and use the SRFIs, like Rob suggested.

Regards,
  'martin