Rogue Pointer

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Rogue Pointer
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 06:41:09 -0400

I'm get a "Error in scm_gc_mark during GC: rogue pointer in heap" when
the first gc happens in cvs guile.  This is in an Apache module.

What is a "rogue pointer"?  I image it's a pointer into gc controlled
memory from somewhere in the heap. Or is it the other way around, a
pointer to memory that's not gc controlled?

I haven't touched my Apache guile module since about December of last
year, so I rebuilt it with Guile configured --disable-deprecated and
fixed all the errors to deprecated functions/macros to make sure it will
build with the upcoming release.  I'm not sure if I intruduced a bug,
Guile gc has changed, or Apache has changed (there may have been some
security updates).

Thanks!
  -Dale

--