Re: The GH interface. (was: Patch for gh.h)

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: The GH interface. (was: Patch for gh.h)
Date: 13 May 2001 11:29:31 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

(Thanks for the summary.)

> - the effort to integrate with the change (within the usual
>   deprecation period, of course) falls more on developers using the
>   SCM interface than on those using GH, which (by the current
>   definition of GH) is as it should be.

I don't have a very strong opinion about which of the paths you've
outlined we should take, but note that your preferred approach might
actually imact a lot of end-users too since the impression I've been
getting is that many of them already came to the conclusion that the
gh_ interface wasn't sufficient and are already using scm_ functions.

I do like the idea of clarifing the gh_ interface's purpose, and it
would be nice if we were able to figure out what we wanted and at
least document it in 1.6.0.

FWIW.