Re: 1.6.0 actions from RELEASE nearly finished.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 actions from RELEASE nearly finished.
Date: 08 May 2001 12:25:49 -0500

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> I hope that all prerequisites are met, but: Although I have changed
> a lot of guile to get rid of dependencies on read only strings, I
> was not the one who decided for their deprecation.  Thus, for the
> (somewhat political) question if we should remove them for 1.6 (the
> version formerly called 1.5, right?) you better contact Mikael.

Hmm.  I haven't heard from Mikael in a while.  I sent him mail a week
or two ago asking if he had even a slow or partially working version
of his profiler that I might be able to hack on (since we really need
it in gnucash), but I hadn't heard anything.  I suspect maybe he's
swamped, so I'm gonna leave him alone :>

Deprecating read-only-string? wasn't actually listed as a 1.6.0 target
in the RELEASE file when I got hold of it, so I'm just going to leave
it on the "Eventually" list until someone figures out which version is
appropriate.

Thanks