Re: 1.6.0 actions from RELEASE nearly finished.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 actions from RELEASE nearly finished.
Date: 08 May 2001 12:16:42 -0500

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Two items less on the todo list before a release of 1.6.0 :-)

Wonderful.  Thanks.  So that leaves on the "official" list fixing up
INSTALL and README.  Additionally we should add "wait a bit for docs
to stabilize" to the list, and there are some generic items in RELEASE
that still have to be done: cleaning up NEWS, AUTHORS, THANKS, etc.

However, I'm starting to feel like we're getting close.  I'll probably
wait a few days or so (maybe a week), and then bring up the issue
again.  I think at that point it'll be time to consider branching and
starting the release process.

One of the more critical things will be to make sure we get the
AUTHORS/THANKS stuff straight, but I think Marius had some plans on
that front.

As you think of things that you think have to be done before 1.6.0,
please add them to RELEASE.  We can always debate them and, if we
like, postpone them to 1.8.0.

Thanks