Re: guile-vm 0.4

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.4
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 16:21:16 +0200 (MEST)

On 11 Apr 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> [ I just reread the "Proper Tail-Recursive" section of R5RS, and I
>   noticed that `eval' is required to be proper.  That is,
>
>     (define (loop)
>       (eval '(loop) (current-module)))
>     (loop)
>
>   is supposed to not grow the stack.  Do we want to fix that?  This
>   would kick out my loved `current-module' scheme...
> ]

I had kept this in my mailbox with the hope to find some time to think
about it.  But, unfortunately I don't seem to find the time.  Thus the
question:  In which way does a proper tail recursive implementation
conflict with the current-module scheme that guile's current module system
uses?

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann