Re: Should we move/copy/symlink ice-9/srfi-8.scm to srfi/srfi-8.scm?

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Should we move/copy/symlink ice-9/srfi-8.scm to srfi/srfi-8.scm?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:52:14 +0200 (MEST)

On 1 May 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> What I meant with increasing the awareness of RELEASE is, how can we
> make sure that all features that are deprecated are properly listed in
> RELEASE so that we can find them?  The procedure is already documented
> in HACKING, which ought to suffice, no?

I agree that RELEASE should be properly maintained, but it may happen that
people forget to update it.  The information can still be extracted from
the code by looking at uses of SCM_DEBUG_DEPRECATED and the scheme level
equivalents that were recently introduced.  Since this is no fun, and
nobody likes to do such a job, developers should be urged to update
RELEASE consistently.  But, at least with our deprecation system the
information about deprecated stuff is available somewhere - nothing is
really lost, only carefully hidden :-)

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann