Re: Module system documentation

From: thi
Subject: Re: Module system documentation
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 23:54:51 -0700

   From: Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:40:13 +0200

   While we're at it, in the manual I found this remark:

     [FIXME: must say more, and explain, and also demonstrate a private
     name space use, and demonstrate how one would do Python's "from
     Tkinter import *" versus "import Tkinter".  Must also add something
     about paths and standards for contributed modules.]

   Is there something like `explicit import' possible right now
   (e.g. only import specified bindings)?

i don't think so at the moment.  i posted previously contents of (ttn
moduleutils) which has `import-from-module', a potentially useful basis
for such facility.  see thread "module naming" for more scheming...

thi