Re: SRFI-10 and #.

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: SRFI-10 and #.
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 15:09:58 +0200

> From: "Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:58:44 -0400
>
> How close is the #. read-hash-extension (in boot-9.scm) to srfi-10?
>
> If it's the same (or close), shouldn't it be changed to #, (and fixed if
> need be)?

I have implemented SRFI-10 and will commit the new module (srfi
srfi-10) in a few minutes.

Unfortunately I stumbled over a minor problem: Because ports are not
self-evaluating in Guile, not all examples from the SRFI document
work.  I think this is not really a Guile bug, because ports are not
required to be self-evaluating by any RnRS, AFAIK.

But with a bit quoting magic, it is quite neat:

Example:

(define-reader-ctor 'file open-input-file)
(define f '#,(file "/etc/passwd"))
(read-line f)
=>
":root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash"

The more I work on this SRFI stuff, the more errors, bugs and
inconsistencies in the documents I fall over...

Regards,
  'martin