Re: The GH interface. (was: Patch for gh.h)

From: Chris Cramer
Subject: Re: The GH interface. (was: Patch for gh.h)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 01:45:51 -0500

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 09:37:55PM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Yes.  What do people think of the GH interface, in general?

I find that GH isn't useful because of what it's missing.

Most of the C code I've done with Guile has been bindings to other
libraries. The best way to accomplish that sort of thing is to use smobs
(with database handles etc.), and the GH interface does not support smobs.

Also missing are the validation macros and snarfing, although I can get
by without those. The type-conversion is cumbersome too (e.g. try to
get a short from a uniform array).

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
address@hidden