Re: The GH interface. (was: Patch for gh.h)

From: Ariel Rios
Subject: Re: The GH interface. (was: Patch for gh.h)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 22:15:22 -0400 (EDT)

> The problem is that as soon as I was doing non-trivial things in guile
> on the C side (even something as simple as (< x y), I really *neeeded*
> the scm_functions, but in accordance with the warning in the docs, I
> spend a decent amount of time trying to avoid non gh_ functions.
> After a while, I just decided to ignore the docs and started using
> whatever I needed from libguile.  Then I was much happier :>
I think that gh interface should be used to do trivial things.
Like quickly adding scripting guile support to an app.
Also, using the gh interface ensures that there is minimum use of lowlevel
guile or stuff that might be obsolete, deprecated, etc
I am in the process of updating some of my apps to 1.5
the ones that used gh compiled without problems and that is ok
since they only use guile as a script language. Whilst
the others, guile-gtk needed some tweaking as they used
somo deprecated stuff.

ariel