Re: Module system docs

From: thi
Subject: Re: Module system docs
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 19:36:22 -0700

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: 28 Apr 2001 16:42:25 -0500

   What I'd kind of like in the reader, is a block quoting mechanism,
   though I'd like to see it become a final SRFI first.  i.e. something
   similar to rscheme's

   #|
     foo
     bar
     baz
   |#

in guile, you can do the above w/ #{ and }#, respectively.  for example:

guile> (define something
'#{

this is a very long symbol w/ spaces newlines

also unpaired double quote: "
also unpaired single quote: '

another unpaired double quote: "        ; to make emacs happy

how about a question mark?
or even a semi ; colon

now we get serious!  a lone hash: #
a hash with a backslash newline:  #\
hash-2-backslash-newline: #\\
hash-3-backslash-newline: #\\\
hash-4-backslash-newline: #\\\\
hash-backslash-"newline": #\newline
hash-2-backslash-"newline": #\\newline

}#)
guile> (string-length (symbol->string something))
458

note the initial quote.  (i was sort of considering this kind of thing
as a representation for the guile projects database, but no longer).

thi