Re: Should I just start taking the actions in RELEASE?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Should I just start taking the actions in RELEASE?
Date: 27 Apr 2001 08:46:07 +0100

    Rob> There are actions listed for 1.5, which will now be 1.6.0.
    Rob> If these are still applicable, I'd like to start working on
    Rob> them.  I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with the code yet to
    Rob> be able to handle them all myself, but many, esp
    Rob> functions/macros that aren't referred to anywhere else, are
    Rob> easy.

    Rob> I guess unless anyone has an objection, I'll get started.

I think your plan is fine, but the expert on this area (I think) is
Dirk, who's on holiday until the end of next week.  (At least, it was
Dirk who really promoted the use of deprecation.)

So, on the one hand, it might be easier to wait until he's back from
holiday.  On the other hand, the actions in RELEASES are very clearly
stated, and there are enough of us here to sort out any issues that
arise.

On balance, probably best to go ahead.

        Neil