Should I just start taking the actions in RELEASE?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Should I just start taking the actions in RELEASE?
Date: 26 Apr 2001 23:00:17 -0500

There are actions listed for 1.5, which will now be 1.6.0.  If these
are still applicable, I'd like to start working on them.  I'm not sure
I'm familiar enough with the code yet to be able to handle them all
myself, but many, esp functions/macros that aren't referred to
anywhere else, are easy.

I guess unless anyone has an objection, I'll get started.

In release 1.6:
- remove deprecated macros: SCM_INPORTP, SCM_OUTPORTP, SCM_CRDY, SCM_ICHRP,
  SCM_ICHR, SCM_MAKICHR, SCM_SETJMPBUF, SCM_NSTRINGP, SCM_NRWSTRINGP,
  SCM_NVECTORP
- remove gc-thunk (It has been replaced by after-gc-hook.)
- remove scm_sysmissing
- remove gh_int2scmb (replaced by gh_bool2scm)
- remove scm_fseek (replaced by scm_seek)
- remove scm_tag
- remove code related to the name property of hooks.  Also, check init.c,
  since the dependency between hooks and objprop will then be eliminated.
- remove deprecated function scm_list_star/list*  (use SRFI-1 compliant
  scm_cons_star/cons* instead.)
- remove scm_tc16_flo, scm_tc_flo (guile always uses doubles to represent
  inexact real numbers)
- remove scm_tc_dblr (replaced by scm_tc16_real)
- remove scm_tc_dblc (replaced by scm_tc16_complex)
- remove deprecated types, functions and macros from numbers.h:  scm_dblproc,
  SCM_UNEGFIXABLE, SCM_FLOBUFLEN, SCM_INEXP, SCM_CPLXP, SCM_REAL, SCM_IMAG,
  SCM_REALPART, scm_makdbl, SCM_SINGP, SCM_NUM2DBL, SCM_NO_BIGDIG
- remove deprecated macro from tags.h: SCM_DOUBLE_CELLP