Re: Document the current module system?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Document the current module system?
Date: 20 Apr 2001 19:50:02 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> We should also have a section detailing the current preferred approach
> for creating modules with C shared library components.  If no one else
> is interested, I'd be willing to give that a shot, if Marius can help
> make sure I'm getting it straight :>

Yes, yes.  I wanted to document this for quite a while already, but it
had to compete with hacking on guile-lightning...

We should probably start with a list of ways that compiled code might
be used in relation to the module system, like:

- A module might be provided completely by compiled code.

- Compiled code might provide only part of a module.

- Compiled code might want to provide bindings only on demand (to save
  initialization time) even if it has been linked already.

etc...