Re: Some thoughts about documentation

From: Ariel Rios
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about documentation
Date: 14 Apr 2001 19:58:41 -0400

El 14 Apr 2001 18:40:12 -0400, Alex Shinn escribió:

>     Ariel> Maybe... "Programming with Guile... Learning by example"
>
> Or "The Guile Cookbook"?
>
> I think this would be very helpful.  I'm trying to convert some
> friends to scheme, and it seems the biggest road-block is that scheme
> has such a distinct way of doing things - not quite imperative, not
> quite functional.

That's one of the biggest points of guile. A lots of differents
prgramming paradigms in one language =)

 A cookbook of common idioms, including Guile
> extensions and examples of C embedding, would help overcome the
> initial uneasiness of neophyte schemers.
I think we can rapidly have a good set of pure r5rs examples, plus guile
extensions, POSIX, threads, sockets, and so on.

As well as combined examples on how to embed Guile on C, C++, use Guile
combined with Gtk+ (and guile-gtk), etc

ariel