Re: Some thoughts about documentation

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about documentation
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:03:54 +0200

> From: Ariel Rios <address@hidden>
> Date: 12 Apr 2001 14:20:01 -0400
>
> On 12 Apr 2001 15:59:50 +0200, Martin Grabmueller wrote:
>
> > Examples are a good way for preventing the manual to be too dry.
> > Just post your examples and we'll see if they fit in.  Personally,
> > I would really like to include them.
>
> They are general purposes almost useless hacks to demonstrate how to
> use things. I have more in another computer that's out of my reach
> at this moment...

I like your examples a lot.  Especially the qod-server, which is a
nice idea and is much more fun than a simple echo server (which always
comes to my mind as an example *yawn*).

If you have more of that kind, keep posting them.

If the documentation gurus and maintainers don't interfere fast
enough, I will try to integrate the examples ;-)

[ Unless, of course, there are paperwork/copyright problems. ]

Best regards,
  'martin