Re: out of date documentation

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: out of date documentation
Date: 13 Apr 2001 12:05:12 +0100

    Dirk> A more detailed discussion of the recent approach to
    Dirk> low-level type handling in guile can be found in the file
    Dirk> guile-core/doc/api.txt, which I have written at the time
    Dirk> when we decided to switch to the new mechanism.  Thus, I
    Dirk> will be glad to answer any questions or to clarify if
    Dirk> necessary.  Otherwise I think the text can mostly be used as
    Dirk> it is, despite some improvements to my english and the
    Dirk> texinfo markup.

    Neil> I'll look at incorporating this over the next few days.

Hi Dirk,

I've now included api.txt in the Data Representation chapter as a node
called `Unpacking the SCM type'.  It still needs a little more
integration, as material on, say, SCM_IMP, is now in more than one
place in this chapter.  But all the material that was in api.txt is
now in this node (and its subnodes).  Could you take a brief look just
to review?  If you are happy with it, I'd like to remove api.txt from
CVS, to avoid the risk that someone updates api.txt rather than the
reference manual version.

Many thanks,
        Neil