Re: guile-vm 0.4

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.4
Date: 10 Apr 2001 14:04:06 -0500

Keisuke Nishida <address@hidden> writes:

> I remember I have encountered the same problem several times,
> but I don't remember what the problems were...

After moving the (use-modules) statement elsewhere, I can get further,
but eventually hit

/home/rlb/opt/gnucash-hobbit/share/scm/main.scm:162:15: In procedure vm-engine
in expression (gnc:start-ui-event-loop):
/home/rlb/opt/gnucash-hobbit/share/scm/main.scm:162:15: Wrong type to apply:
#<program gnc:report-template-new-options>

I presume this is because one of the vm loaded files is registering a
byte compiled function that our startup procedure later calls via the
normal "apply".

So presuming this is a no-no, what are the rules for combining
byte-compiled and non-byte-compiled code?  Is that supposed to work?

Thanks