Re: guile-vm 0.3

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.3
Date: 05 Apr 2001 23:55:33 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, I just built/ran the guile module, and that seemed to work.  Come
> to think of it, I don't recall installing lightning, so perhaps Marius
> included the code in the guile module.

Yep, I did that.  I had to modify Lightning already (bug fixes, new
features), so you need the version of Lightning included in
guile-lightning.

However, it will *only* work on i386 right now.  I haven't added the
new instructions to the PowerPC and Sparc backends, and I haven't even
tried to make my changes portable yet.  It's just fooling around.  I
want to implement a very simple compiler for a very simple low-level
language, and maybe a peep-hole optimizer for JIT instructions.

If all works out nicely, one might then think about making it run on
PPC and Sparc.  (And MIPS, because I'm getting myself an Agenda PDA
that runs Linux on a MIPS chip.  8-)