Re: Thread support plan with initial patch

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Thread support plan with initial patch
Date: 05 Apr 2001 21:02:35 +0200

NIIBE Yutaka <address@hidden> writes:

>  > Please have a look at the thread "plug in" interface in Dirk's code.
>
> Yes.  I could get core dump.  It means that it's reproducible.
>
> However, when I did it from scratch, it works fine.
> I mean: autogen.sh, configure,make and test, it works fine.
>
> Well, I've checked more.  I got core dump, make clean & make (new
> guile), it works fine (no core dump).
>
> Wasn't it just such a issue?

It's great if you have resolved the problem with libqthreads, thanks!
But what I meant with "have a look at" was more generally to look at
that solution (the thread interface, the separation of code specific
to a certain thread library out of libguile etc), comment on it, and
see if you can build upon that when working on the pthreads support.

An application using your pthreads support would then be linked with
these tree libraries:

  libguile              providing the Scheme level thread primitives
  libguilepthreads      providing "glue code" to plug into the thread interface
  libpthreads           the POSIX thread library

Thank you again for working on this!

Best regards,
Mikael