Re: Question about your profiling patch...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Question about your profiling patch...
Date: 04 Apr 2001 17:47:01 -0500

Keisuke Nishida <address@hidden> writes:

> Is the sub-function not shown at a tail position?  If so, probably
> I was missing recording tail calls.

Here's the function.  According to the profiler, it's called 32094
times, but also according to the profiler, gnc:html-style-table-fetch
is never called, but if I put a print statement just before the set!,
I see that it's called all the time.

Any idea what might be wrong and how I might be able to fix it?
Thanks.

  ;; Code is a little ugly b/c optimizing tests for execution speed.
  (define (gnc:html-document-fetch-markup-style doc markup)
    (let ((style-info #f)
          (style-stack (gnc:html-document-style-stack doc)))

      (if (null? style-stack)
          (or style-info (gnc:make-html-markup-style-info))
          (begin
            (set! style-info (gnc:html-style-table-fetch (car style-stack)
                                                         (cdr style-stack)
                                                         markup))
            (or style-info (gnc:make-html-markup-style-info))))))