Re: out of date documentation

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: out of date documentation
Date: 02 Apr 2001 23:00:02 +0100

    Dirk>        You must use this macro before calling a
    Dirk> finer-grained predicate to determine x's type. For example,
    Dirk> to see if x is a pair, you must write: [...]

I've fixed this in CVS: it now says

   "Note that, as of Guile 1.4, it is no longer necessary to use the
    @code{SCM_NIMP} macro before calling a finer-grained predicate to
    determine @var{x}'s type, such as @code{SCM_CONSP} or
    @code{SCM_VECTORP}.  The definitions of all Guile type predicates
    now include a call to @code{SCM_NIMP} where necessary."

    Dirk> A more detailed discussion of the recent approach to
    Dirk> low-level type handling in guile can be found in the file
    Dirk> guile-core/doc/api.txt, which I have written at the time
    Dirk> when we decided to switch to the new mechanism.  Thus, I
    Dirk> will be glad to answer any questions or to clarify if
    Dirk> necessary.  Otherwise I think the text can mostly be used as
    Dirk> it is, despite some improvements to my english and the
    Dirk> texinfo markup.

I'll look at incorporating this over the next few days.

Thanks for the report!

        Neil