Re: Should (dynamic-link "./hello.lo") work these days?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Should (dynamic-link "./hello.lo") work these days?
Date: 26 Mar 2001 15:40:58 -0600

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> When you link the ".la" file that is created by the build-process,
> ltdl should be able to find the real library in ".libs", I think
> (based on the "installed=no" declaration).  I don't know whether it
> actually tries to.

I believe when I tested, it wasn't working.  When I just hard-coded
hobbit to look into .libs/ for the .so during it's dynamic-load func,
that worked fine.  I'll probably revisit this when I'm cleaning up,
though.  There are still other problems, like libtool can't be used to
build files in a subdir like

   libtool gcc -o foo/bar.o foo/bar.c

it leaves the result in the current directory...