Re: scm_wrong_num_args

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: scm_wrong_num_args
Date: 25 Mar 2001 03:31:40 +0200

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmmm.  What about C level code that calls libguile functions in a
> wrong way?  The backtraces you currently get do only cover scheme
> level function calls.  This is nice and easy for people that only
> use guile from the scheme level.  It is not so nice for people that
> extend guile.  For a tool like guile it is questionable if we say
> that backtraces are only scheme backtraces, because the major point
> of guile is to allow working in a mixture of scheme and C.

Yes, but that's a bigger issue than just scm_wrong_num_args, I'd say.
You need to sue the C debugger to debug C code, and it would be nice
to integrate it with the Scheme debugger.  (That is, GDB should know
how to debug Scheme code by hooking into the Scheme debugger that runs
in the Guile process.)